W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2009

Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:17:14 -0700
Message-id: <E4D29A43-19A9-4798-9C14-76591B9F1D62@apple.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on  
2009-08-27 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
       Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New  
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
       <http://timeanddate.com/s/1c1v>
       (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

** PLEASE read the agenda in advance of the meeting to prepare. I will  
refer to the agenda outline below during the meeting. **

== Executive Summary ==

1. Review of due and overdue action items
    a. ISSUE-31/ACTION-86: Review Thomas Broyer's IETF ID to see if we  
can postpone ISSUE-13   [Julian Reschke]
    b. ISSUE-54/ACTION-103: Register about: URI scheme   [Julian  
Reschke]
    c. ISSUE-9/ACTION-140: Follow up with Sean Hayes  [Cynthia Shelly]
2. Review of issues proposed to be closed
    a. ISSUE-48: UA-q-quotes
    b. ISSUE-51: aria-curie
    c. ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat
    d. ISSUE-60: html5-xhtml-namespace
    e. ISSUE-61: conformance-language
    f. ISSUE-64: web-sockets-scope-req
    g. ISSUE-75: microsoft-review
3. Discuss Accessibility Task Force
4. Starting the HTML5 Test Suite and possible Testing Task Force


== Details ==

1. Review of due and overdue action items

    a. Topic: ISSUE-31/ACTION-86: Review Thomas Broyer's IETF ID to  
see if we can postpone ISSUE-13   [Julian Reschke]
         ISSUE-13 - handling-http-401-status
           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/13>
         ACTION-86 (OVERDUE)
           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/86>

         Julian wanted to do some final review of incoming comments to  
see if ISSUE-13 can be closed. Recommendation: close ISSUE-13 if no  
further spec changes are needed.

    b. Topic: ISSUE-54/ACTION-103: Register about: URI scheme    
[Julian Reschke]
         ISSUE-54 - doctype-legacy-compat
            <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54>
         ACTION-103 (due 2009-09-03)
            <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103>

         It's unclear to me if Julian is involved with this. Perhaps  
the action should be assigned to Lachlan Hunt. Recommendation: close  
ISSUE-54; file now post-Last-Call issue for about: scheme registration.

    c. Topic: ISSUE-9/ACTION-140: Follow up with Sean Hayes  [Cynthia  
Shelly]
          ISSUE-9 - video-synchronization
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9>
         ACTION-140 (due 2009-09-03)
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/140>

         The nature of this action is unclear to me. Need status  
update from Cynthia.

2. Review of issues proposed to be closed

    a. Topic: ISSUE-48: UA-q-quotes
        <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/48>
        <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1064.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close; this issue has been largely overtaken  
by events and is obsolete. Remaining details should be treated as bugs.

    b. ISSUE-51: aria-curie
        <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/51>
        <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1066.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close; this issue has been overtaken by  
events and is obsolete.

    c. Topic: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat
         <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54>
         <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1067.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close; this issue has been substantively  
resolved. about: URI scheme registration should be tracked separtely.

    d. Topic: ISSUE-60: html5-xhtml-namespace
         <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/60>
         <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1069.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close; this issue has been overtaken by  
events and is obsolete.

    e. Topic: ISSUE-61: conformance-language
         <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/61>
         <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1072.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close unless someone wants to take an action  
to make a concrete proposal.

    f. Topic: ISSUE-64: web-sockets-scope-req
         <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/64>
         <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1070.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close; this issue has been overtaken by  
events and is obsolete.

   g. Topic: ISSUE-75: microsoft-review
         <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/75>
         <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1073.html 
 >

         Recommendation: close based on Microsoft's significant recent  
review feedback.


3. Discuss Accessibility Task Force

       Discuss progress on the plan for the Accessibility Task Force.  
The concerns we needed to address were IPR and openness to  
participation.


4. Starting the HTML5 Test Suite and possible Testing Task Force

       It's time to start building the HTML5 Test Suite. We will need  
a comprehensive test suite and two interoperable implementations that  
pass it to exit CR. Microsoft has proposed creating an HTML5 Testing  
Task Force. Other technical or process suggestions are also welcome.



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

     Zakim teleconference bridge
      +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
      code: HTML (4865)

     Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
       #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 2 September 2009 01:17:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC