Re: [EME] Recent bugs

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:42 PM, David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> wrote:
> > As noted in my previous email, there are now EME issues on GitHub.
>
> :-( This is a general lock-in problem with GitHub. The excuse why it's
> OK to host repos there is that a DVCS makes it OK to host anywhere,
> but then issues get filed on GitHub instead of Bugzillas with
> commitment to long-term availability of bug history, so there's a risk
> of losing the trail of why changes were made in case the GitHub issue
> tracker ever goes away.

My point was to bring these issues to the group's attention since they were
not previously reported. As noted in
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jan/0024.html,
we will use GitHub for new bugs.

As for archiving, we can configure github-notify-ml (the tool that sends
emails to this list for new GitHub issues) to email a new archive-only
mailing list (i.e. public-html-media-github to ensure data is not lost. For
more information on GitHub and W3C, see the thread at
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2014OctDec/0145.html and
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Guide/GitHub.