Re: CfC: to publish a Encrypted Media Exstensions" hearbeat Working Draft

I think you may be confused about the conditions to publish a heartbeat.  A heartbeat is supposed to show where the group currently is;  not that they think the document is perfect, or that all technical problems have been solved, or all issues resolved.

We are looking for cases where the editors can and should fix something before publication, because the document either has editorial problems, or fails to reflect agreements in the group.

"We agreed that the sentence XX XX XXX X XXXX would be removed, and it is still there."
"The sections numbers go 1.1, 1.2, and then 1.4;  1.3 is missing"
"The copyright notice is missing"
"There are spelling mistakes here, here and here"
…

On Sep 23, 2013, at 19:18 , Mhyst <mhysterio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another objection I find is on the "Goals" section. Third line reads like this:
>
> "Support a range of content security models, including software and
> hardware-based models"
>
> If I understand it well, it says some CDM may require specific
> hardware (i.e. a crippled graphics card).
> I find this to be unbearable. Seriously do you pretend to approve a
> standard which would lead to
> remove users freedom to general purpose computing?

David Singer