Re: CfC: to publish a Encrypted Media Exstensions" hearbeat Working Draft

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Mhyst <mhysterio@gmail.com> wrote:

> CDM is going to be propietary software and secret... this gives too
> much power to the companies
> and I think no one can be trusted to have that power over me. And
> then, I think CDM should be not
> part of any user-agent.

That is something you should take up with user-agent vendors and/or factor
into your choice of user-agent.

> But if user-agent vendors are going to implement CDM inside, there
> should be a way of knowing it
> as well.

I agree. If the UA vendors agree too then I expect they will provide a
settings option to enumerate/enable/disable the DRM capabilities of the UA.
Again, this is not something that has any impact on the specification work.

...Mark