W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > September 2013

RE: {minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2013-09-24 - MSE status and Last Call bug discussion

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:30:17 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <269e8fb99f074d308fcdee21625f8017@BY2PR03MB608.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Minutes -> http://www.w3.org/2013/09/24-html-media-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                  HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

24 Sep 2013

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Sep/0030.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/24-html-media-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +1.310.210.aaaa, Aaron_Colwell, +1.760.591.aabb,
          +44.303.040.aacc, davide, adrianba_, markw,
          +1.303.661.aadd, BobLund, pladd, pal, +33.1.45.81.aaee,
          cyril, joesteele, [Microsoft]

   Regrets
   Chair
          Aaron Colwell

   Scribe
          Adrian Bateman

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
         2. [6]Previous meeting minutes
         3. [7]Review of action items and issues
         4. [8]MSE status and bugs
         5. [9]Bug 22371 - [MSE] Ogg byte streams
         6. [10]Bug 22432 - Allow SourceBuffer.appendBuffer to
            take ownership of the ArrayBuffer
         7. [11]Bug 23169 - reconsider the jitter video quality
            metrics again
         8. [12]Bug 23272 - [MSE] Extra ; at the end of the
            totalFrameDelay declaration
         9. [13]Any other business
        10. [14]Adjournment
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 24 September 2013

Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe

   acolwell: looks like we have everybody

Previous meeting minutes

   acolwell: was a while ago

Review of action items and issues

   acolwell: all actions currently are for EME

MSE status and bugs

   acolwell: only 3 right now
   ... last call closes on oct 17 - no major bugs filed yet
   ... i updated the draft last night to deal with a trivial edit
   with an extra semicolon

   cyril: what about the createObjectURL we talked about by email
   - should i file a bug for this?

   acolwell: i think most of this needs to be solved in the HTML5
   spec
   ... since it affects all the resource load algorithm
   ... would hate to try to rewrite that in MSE
   ... happy to have MSE eventually use that but better to have
   HTML5 do this

   cyril: should we tell the HTML5 editors about this?

   acolwell: i assume the media streams thread originally doing
   that was doing that

   adrianba_: i suggest that you file a bug on HTML5 and point to
   the public-html-media thread

   acolwell: moving on to bugs

Bug 22371 - [MSE] Ogg byte streams

   <acolwell>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22371

     [16] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22371

   acolwell: this is a bug that came in after pre-last call period
   about adding Ogg to the spec
   ... i commented saying it shouldn't go into the main spec
   ... i think the main issue right now is to file a bug proposing
   a registry
   ... but i think we were waiting for the person proposing this
   to respond
   ... leaving it to the people that want Ogg introduced to make
   an alternative proposal

   <scribe> ACTION: acolwell to file bug about media format
   registry [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/24-html-media-minutes.html#action
   01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-39 - File bug about media format
   registry [on Aaron Colwell - due 2013-10-01].

Bug 22432 - Allow SourceBuffer.appendBuffer to take ownership of the
ArrayBuffer

   <acolwell>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22432

     [18] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22432

   acolwell: this one we discussed in the past
   ... i thought our resolution was to do nothing but we didn't
   close the bug

   adrianba_: we don't plan to update our implementation currently
   ... the two choices we have are to change the spec (and risk it
   changing again) and maybe get stuck in CR because noone
   implements this
   ... or we could leave it undefined in this version of MSE and
   come back to it in future

   cyril: a clarification - i can't find a definition for neutered
   concept

   acolwell: i have only seen it in this comment - in Chromium we
   only use this in WebAudio and there is no way to unneuter
   buffers
   ... so i don't think it is formally defined yet

   cyril: the Typed Array spec says that the buffer is size 0
   while neutered

   acolwell: basically the idea is to hide the content so you
   can't modify it during the append
   ... it doesn't seem like it is quite well defined - maybe it is
   in the Khronos spec - we should look
   ... since we allow ArrayBufferView to be appended does it
   neuter the parent buffer too?
   ... i can respond to this bug and outline some of the things
   we've discussed here and see what they say
   ... any other questions?

Bug 23169 - reconsider the jitter video quality metrics again

   <acolwell>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23169

     [19] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23169

   acolwell: this one was filed by dsinger to open the discussion
   again about the jitter metric
   ... mark and i also replied
   ... i was waiting for mark or dsinger to comment on my reply
   ... i need feedback to know if there is an action for me to
   take

   <markw> I haven't reviewed your response yet

   <markw> I wil do it now ;-)

Bug 23272 - [MSE] Extra ; at the end of the totalFrameDelay
declaration

   acolwell: this is done

Any other business

   acolwell: anything else people would like to talk about
   ... next week is EME
   ... talk in two weeks

Adjournment

   acolwell: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: acolwell to file bug about media format registry
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/24-html-media-minutes.html#action
   01]

   [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton [mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com] 
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:12 PM
To: public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2013-09-24 - MSE status and Last Call bug discussion

The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2013-09-24 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.
 
http://timeanddate.com/s/2g02
 
Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
 
Chair of the meeting: TBD (Paul Cotton may not be able to attend since he is in Japan).
Scribe: TBD
 
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
 
2. Previous meeting minutes
http://www.w3.org/2013/07/16-html-media-minutes.html  
 
3. Review of action items and issues
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/
MSE-related actions are given below.
 
4. MSE status and bugs
 
a) Last Call MSE closes on Oct 17
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-media-source-20130905/ 

b) Media Source Extensions editor's draft: 
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html 
Status as of Sep 21:  Last updated on Jul 26.

b) Media Source Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej 
Status as of Sep 21: 4 bugs.  See below.

5. Last Call bugs

a) Bug 22371 - [MSE] Ogg byte streams 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22371 
Status:  See Aaron's response in:
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22371#c1 

b) Bug 22432 - Allow SourceBuffer.appendBuffer to take ownership of the ArrayBuffer
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22432
Status:   Jul 2 meeting proposed no change to spec but not yet implemented.

c) Bug 23169 - reconsider the jitter video quality metrics again
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23169 
See also David Singer's email in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Aug/0045.html 

d) Bug 23272 - [MSE] Extra ; at the end of the totalFrameDelay declaration
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23272 

6. Any other business
 
7. Chair and Scribe for next meeting
Next meeting will be in two weeks on Oct 8.
 
8. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==
 
Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
 
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
 
Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Tuesday, 24 September 2013 15:31:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:01 UTC