Re: XHTML Integration Sets

On 20/02/2007 17:40, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> The announce message from Daniel Glazman indicates that this group may
> want to define a "safe profile" of XHTML for use in email.

Hi there,

Yes. Let me summarize in just a few list items :

1. HTML in email is here to stay
2. HTML in email is appreciated a lot by non-techies
3. HTML in email is much more used than text email by direct marketing
    but it's hard, very hard to edit/composer
4. HTML in email is unreliable because of interoperability issues
    between mail user agents, and very complex to edit for the same
    reasons ; powerful HTML 4 features are unreliable for same reasons
5. HTML in email is seen by some as a security threat
6. HTML in email and HTML in Instant Messenging live together
7. a few direct marketing companies told me they're not happy because
    we, standard weenies, do nothing to improve the situation

The new HTML WG is IMHO the right occasion to do something about it.
So before we decide if we want to do something, and if we do, what we
have to do, it is suggested to have first discussions here. These
discussions could lead to a real-life workshop about HTML in email.

</Daniel>