Hangul characters upright or sideways in vertical flow?

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:19:22 -0400
To: "public-html-ig-ko@w3.org" <public-html-ig-ko@w3.org>
CC: "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm sorry to ask you guys about vertical flow knowing it's not of much interests, but it'd be great if someone can help me to resolve an issue we have: whether Hangul characters should be rendered upright, or rotated sideways in vertical flow?

I was thinking it should be rendered upright, and I believe MS Word does so, but there's a proposal to rotate them sideways:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Oct/0104.html

I understand Korean doesn't use vertical flow these days. But this could also affect EPUB, where you may want to create old documents in EPUB or HTML format for e-book purposes. I'm also not sure Korean never use vertical flow, or still rarely use.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated in advance.

Regards,
Koji