Re: FOOTER and HEADER elements defined as landmarks in HTML5

Hi,

I agree that something should to be tweaked here. The HTML spec suggests
to use the header element to group taglines etc. with a heading.[1] To
me, the examples suggest that this is both applicable for site-specific
banner-like headings and page-specific/article-specific headings.

That is what I use the header element for and it's usually with the main
heading for the page – i.e. page-specific, not site-specific – and
outside section or article elements.[2]

I do not have an opinion (yet) whether the association with the landmark
role should be changed or the recommendation to use the header element
for grouping headings with taglines etc. But I think that keeping both
as they are now would be a problem.

Regards
Martin

[1]: See