Re: Alarm: Style rules may change semantic part of an HTML document.

From: Cyril <cyril2@SAFe-mail.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:26:04 +0300
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Dear Sirs,

As at an example of inordinate power of style sheets, let us look at
HTML specification?

At last I open an HTML specification of 5th version, the document at
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-html5-20141028/". And, from the very
beginning, I was staggered by how style can change an HTML document. It
(i. e. the style) takes to itself now a lot of HTML's work.

Thus, when I switched to "Author documentation only" style on the page
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-html5-20141028/infrastructure.html" it
immediately changed a title of the document from "HTML5" to "HTML5-
Developer View".

(Incidentally, do not you forget to add a space before the string "-
Developer View" in the style sheet at
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-html5-20141028/switcher/author-view.css"?)

I was frightened, how the style can change a content of a document. Do
you? Now, for sure, a style sheet is able completely to replace one
document with another; is not it?

Best regards,
Cyril.