Re: Silently deprecating XHTML

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:02:19 +0100, Frank Ellermann
<hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Or maybe simply say BCP47.
>
> Better, that automatically gives you 4646bis when
> it's ready, together with the RFC 4647 ranges, I'm
> still confident that this will work for your HTML5
> purposes (= nothing extravagant wrt language tags).

I think we are all on the same page, by the way. It's just that the
current text in HTML5 was probably written before RFC4646 and that
referring BCP47 wasn't common practice.

>> See also:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/thread.html#msg267
>
> I've submitted both lists to GMane for subscription,
> the latter flagged for "member-only" write access.

http://blog.whatwg.org/w3c-restarts-html-effort has a simple set of
instructions on how to join the HTML WG.

>> You mean the lastModified attribute of the Document
>> object?
>
> Yes, the beast in 2.1.2 with 11 points explaining the
> syntax in prose.  The IETF ABNF isn't too bad, I got
> used to it, lots of RFCs use it, and it will be soon
> a full Internet standard (STD).

I'll leave this up to Ian.

--
Anne van Kesteren