Re: Silently deprecating XHTML

From: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:02:19 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: <public-html-comments@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Or maybe simply say BCP47.

Better, that automatically gives you 4646bis when
it's ready, together with the RFC 4647 ranges, I'm
still confident that this will work for your HTML5
purposes (= nothing extravagant wrt language tags).

> See also:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/thread.html#msg267

I've submitted both lists to GMane for subscription,
the latter flagged for "member-only" write access.

> You mean the lastModified attribute of the Document
> object?

Yes, the beast in 2.1.2 with 11 points explaining the
syntax in prose.  The IETF ABNF isn't too bad, I got
used to it, lots of RFCs use it, and it will be soon
a full Internet standard (STD).

 Frank