Re: HTML plan review at upcoming AB

On 02/13/2015 10:50 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>   From the 'plan':
>
>     The astute reader may note at this point that this organisation
>     takes steps towards establishing the WHATWG as one CG (which it
>     already is) that publishes through its coordination with the HTML
>     WG, with modifications made to account for the atypical nature of
>     the document. There are several ways in which such a setup would be
>     desirable, and the organisation is deliberate. However it should be
>     noted that it is not at this point a political reality, that making
>     it so would require a number of issues between the two groups to be
>     addressed, and that *no claim is made here about endorsement from
>     the WHATWG for this plan. *
>
> What is happening in regards to talking with whatwg about the plan?

We have a classic "two phase commit" problem here.  If we have a
proposal that won't fly with the W3C AB and/or AC, then it doesn't make
sense to push hard for a public endorsement from the WHATWG.

That being said, we (actually mostly Robin) have/has been talking to a
number of people, and that feedback has informed the proposal.

> about bug handling, how is a bug submitted on a part of the spec that is
> modularised or differs between the w3/whatwg going to be handled?

Orthogonal modules (e.g. EME) are not a problem.  They have their own
bugzilla components.

Wholesale replacement of sections (e.g. Ruby) are not much of a problem.
  We probably will need to set up a bugzilla component for this.
Perhaps a catch-all component would work.

We probably will need to iterate on how surgical updates are handled.
The first order of business here is to determine the size of this
problem.  When not pulled off to do things like AB presentations, Robin
is working on this:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

> --
>
> Regards