RE: Call for Consensus on proposed tests for HTML5 Image Description Extension (longdesc)

From: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:17:54 -0700
To: "'Mark Sadecki'" <mark@w3.org>, "'HTML A11Y TF Public'" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Cc: "'Charles McCathie Nevile'" <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Mark Sadecki wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus to approve the tests currently proposed to
> demonstrate support for the longdesc attribute as defined in the HTML5
> Image Description specification [1].

Question / Point of Clarification:

Are we being surveyed to confirm that we agree with the text code samples,
or are we also being asked to test and report success/failure? Having gone
roughly half-way through the examples, I note that most work, but some do
not (where "work" = visual testing in Firefox only, no screen reader). Are
you looking to collect this feedback as well at this time, or are we simply
reviewing the code samples for "completion"?

Cheers!

JF