Re: Call for Consensus on proposed tests for HTML5 Image Description Extension (longdesc)

Hi John,

On 9/25/13 12:17 PM, John Foliot wrote:
> Mark Sadecki wrote:
>>
>> This is a Call for Consensus to approve the tests currently proposed to
>> demonstrate support for the longdesc attribute as defined in the HTML5
>> Image Description specification [1].
>>

> Question / Point of Clarification:
>
> Are we being surveyed to confirm that we agree with the text code samples,
> or are we also being asked to test and report success/failure? Having gone
> roughly half-way through the examples, I note that most work, but some do
> not (where "work" = visual testing in Firefox only, no screen reader). Are
> you looking to collect this feedback as well at this time, or are we simply
> reviewing the code samples for "completion"?

This CfC is simply to confirm or deny that the individual tests are sufficiently designed to prove or disprove support for longdesc by user agents.  We will conduct coordinated testing and results gathering once the tests are agreed to be sufficient by the TF.

Best,

Mark

--
Mark Sadecki