W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > May 2013

Re: Minutes from the TF teleconference on 16 May

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:16:44 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20130520181644.GD4047@concerto.rednote.net>
Charles and TF Colleagues:

Charles Nevile writes:
> A few corrections that should be made. If anyone objects to these
> changes we can discuss them on the next meeting agenda (otherwise we
> will let the minutes as amended stand without formal confirmation, I
> suppose).
> 
I am OK with these edits. Thank you for adding the specificity lacking
in my realtime scribe output.

Janina

> On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:56:47 +0400, Janina Sajka
> <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
> 
> >Draft minutes from the HTML-A11Y Task Force teleconference of
> >Thursday 16 May are provided below as text, and are available as
> >hypertext at:
> >
> >http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-a11y-minutes.html
> >
> >
> >   W3C
> >

> >- DRAFT -
> 
> As corrected, these no longer need to be draft minutes.
> 
> 
> >   Present
> >          MarkS, janina, [IPcaller], paulc, John_Foliot,
> >+1.619.846.aaaa, +7.926.113.aabb, chaals, Cynthia_Shelly,
> >David_MacDonald
> 
> remove the aabb number. It is me.
> 
> >Contents
> >
> >     * Topics
> >         1. Identify Scribe
> >         2. Outstanding text team bugs
> >         3. text bugs
> >         4. Identify Scribe
> >         5. Outstanding text team bugs
> >         6. Longdesc bugs
> >http://www.w3.org/mid/op.wwtyklsqy3oazb@chaals.local
> >         7. Longdesc Public Draft
> >     * Summary of Action Items
> >     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> >
> >   <chaals> trackbot, start meeting
> >
> >   <trackbot> Date: 16 May 2013
> >
> >Identify Scribe
> >
> >   <scribe> scribe: janina
> >
> >Outstanding text team bugs
> >
> >text bugs
> >
> >   ms: No Triage call this week
> >
> >   <MarkS> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13449
> 
> remove up to...
> >
> >Identify Scribe
> >
> >Outstanding text team bugs
> >
> ...here.
> 
> 
> >   ms: Closed based on behavior of IE and FF
> >
> >   and expectation that gui browsers would do the right thing anyway
> >
> >   ms: suggests reopen
> >
> >   cn: Are there other opinions?
> >   ... To discuss in Triage?
> >
> >   lw: Suggest TF decision
> >
> >   cn: Anyone else for reopening
> >   ... Seems not. So we will leave it
> >
> >   <chaals> RESOLUTION: 13449 stays closed in the absence of a
> >champion to re-open.
> 
> s/<chaals>//
> 
> >   cn: Anyone noting one that should be closed? Or to discuss one
> >of these?
> >   ... Noting crickets. Will continue to ping
> 
> s/Noting crickets./[no replies]/
> 
> >Longdesc bugs http://www.w3.org/mid/op.wwtyklsqy3oazb@chaals.local
> >
> >   cn: Reviewing additional remaining bugs
> >   ... First relates to adding an attribute to denote presence of
> >a longdesc
> >
> >   <chaals> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21987
> >-> add attribute
> >
> >   cn: Propose 21987 to be closed
> 
> replace...
> >   crickets
> >
> >   cn: So is closed
> >   ... Next
> ...to here, with
> RESOLUTION: 21987 is resolved - no change required
> 
> >   <chaals> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21894 -
> >define longdesc like cite instead of as a link
> >
> >   cn: Propose to leave as is
> >   ... Will close this
> 
> insert
> RESOLUTION: 21894 is resolved - no change required
> 
> 
> >   <chaals> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21988 -
> >update URL definition to a link that works
> >
> >   cn: An editorial issue propose closing
> >   ... Will be closed
> 
> RESOLUTION: 21988 is resolved fixed
> 
> insert
> [We also discussed bug 21781]
> RESOLUTION: 21781 is resoolved - no change needed
> 
> >   pc: Wondering whether the longdesc spec supports the linkage
> >the allows direct filing from the spec
> >
> >   cn: Prefer not to
> >
> >   <chaals> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/default/longdesc1/longdesc.html
> >-> editor's draft
> >
> >   <paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013May/0097.html
> >Media TF request
> >
> >   <paulc> Media TF bug:
> >https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22062
> >
> >   pc: MSE about to go LC, and it is believed this assists that process
> >   ... No opinion here, simply suggesting the consideration
> >
> >   cn: Don't believe we need it. It's a simple spec. We've cleared
> >many bugs already.
> >   ... It raises a risk of expediting bugs that poorly considered
> >   ... It's just quite easy to file bugs
> >   ... Notes that many reading the html spec seem to click the
> >button to see what happens
> >
> >   pc: My only reason to raise is to get wide review
> >   ... Is true that HTML editorial team always triaging these
> >
> >   cn: What do others think?
> >
> >   jf: See no reason for it, especially on this particular
> >attribute. We've researched and defended this so widely and
> >completely
> >
> >   js: Agree to leave as is
> >
> >   cn: We'll leave as is
> >   ... Turns out we need to nothing. The base element auto applies
> >by default
> >   ... Implementations not necessarily good at this
> >   ... Unclear this is realword as it's unclear anyone uses base
> >plus longdesc
> >
> >Longdesc Public Draft
> >
> >   cn: Proposing to publish as a stabilization draft
> >   ... Call for consensus Monday
> >   ... Tobe pub'd Tuesday
> >   ... Idea is to fix anything remaining before we go LC
> >
> >   pc: Any working draft from the TF needs approval from HTML and PF
> >
> >   <paulc> MSE Pre-LC announcement: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0001.html
> >
> >   pc: For MSE we point people to the editor's draft to avoid the
> >formal Stabilization
> >
> >   [discussion of timeline implications of the formal process]
> >
> >   cn: anticipate finishing in spring
> >   ... Ah, it's the Aussie spring!
> >   ... Is there objection to a Stabilization Draft publication now?
> 
> Replace...
> >   RESOLUTION: The Task Force approves publication of a
> >Stabilization Draft for the HTML Image Description extension
> >specification
> ...to here with:
> 
> [no objection raised to requesting Consensus for a new draft]
> Topic: Other business
> 
> >   jf: Asking about a HTML spec walk through
> >
> >   cn: We need to raise either here or in Bug Triage
> >
> >   js: Decision here was to walk through in separate telecons to identify
> >
> >   cn: Ah, the chairs aren't in the same place on this, so need to
> >discuss in coordination
> >   ... Any further input for the chairs on this topic?
> >
> >   pc: review what docs?
> >
> >   cn: Do essentially what the HTML-WG did with the spec docs
> >
> >   pc: We expect CFCs soon on some of this soon
> >
> >   cn: TF would check that it agrees with WG decisions
> >specifically with "does it produce a11y issues or not"
> >
> >   pc: Suggest determining the order of work and make it visible
> >to the WG
> >
> >   <paulc> Overview of testing in view of CR exit:
> >http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tests-cr-exit.html
> >
> >   cn: Suggest TF chairs should figure this out with HTML Chairs
> >
> >   <scribe> ACTION: Charles to set up coordination of spec review
> >for the TF chairs with the HTML WG chairs [recorded in
> >   http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
> >
> >   <trackbot> Created ACTION-181 - Set up coordination of spec
> >review for the TF chairs with the HTML WG chairs [on Charles
> >McCathie Nevile - due 2013-05-23].
> >
> >   <scribe> ACTION: Charles to insure that Leonie is looped into
> >action-181 [recorded in
> >http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#action02]
> >
> >   <trackbot> Created ACTION-182 - Insure that Leonie is looped
> >into action-181 [on Charles McCathie Nevile - due 2013-05-23].
> >
> >   ms: Notes regrets for next Thursday
> >
> >   cn: Anyone else?
> >   ... possibly me
> >
> >Summary of Action Items
> >
> >   [NEW] ACTION: Charles to insure that Leonie is looped into
> >action-181 [recorded in
> >http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#action02]
> >   [NEW] ACTION: Charles to set up coordination of spec review for
> >the TF chairs with the HTML WG chairs [recorded in
> >   http://www.w3.org/2013/05/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
> >
> >   [End of minutes]
> >     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> >
> >Found Scribe: janina
> >Present: MarkS janina [IPcaller] paulc John_Foliot +1.619.846.aaaa
> >+7.926.113.aabb chaals Cynthia_Shelly David_MacDonald
> >People with action items: charles
> 
> cheers
> 
> Chaals
> 
> 
> -- 
> Charles McCathie Nevile - Consultant (web standards) CTO Office, Yandex
>       chaals@yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair,	Protocols & Formats	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
	Indie UI			http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/
Received on Monday, 20 May 2013 18:17:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:34 UTC