Re: "turn the image around" UI idea

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maciej,
>>
>> In another thread you said:
>>
>>> The "turn the image around" idea is handwavey to the point of uselessness.
>>
>> Could you explain what you mean by "handwavey"? And why you believe it
>> would be useless? I really liked Silvia's new UI idea.
>
> Quoting: "It could also be... listed "on the back of the image" e.g. if the UI allowed to "turn it around""
>
> Speaking with my implementor hat on:
>
> This lacks sufficient detail as written to actually implement anything. I don't know what "the back of the image" means, or what specifically you would do to "turn it around". This is handwaving, not a description of an actual implementable UI.

I agree. It was just an additional interface idea that I had when
thinking about tablets. It could be implemented with a finger flick on
the corner of an image "turning it around" just like you would turn
around a photo that is lying on the table and that has something
written on the back. Of course this is an interaction type that has
this far been left to Web applications and not something that browsers
have tended to do. I was merely brainstorming.