Re: "turn the image around" UI idea

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:42:54 -0700
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>

On Sep 18, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> In another thread you said:
>
>> The "turn the image around" idea is handwavey to the point of uselessness.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "handwavey"? And why you believe it
> would be useless? I really liked Silvia's new UI idea.

Quoting: "It could also be... listed "on the back of the image" e.g. if the UI allowed to "turn it around""

Speaking with my implementor hat on:

This lacks sufficient detail as written to actually implement anything. I don't know what "the back of the image" means, or what specifically you would do to "turn it around". This is handwaving, not a description of an actual implementable UI.

Regards,
Maciej