Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

I want to preface this reply with a comment that I deeply respect the
attention to detail that Laura puts to both her concrete proposals and
on capturing requirements.

I will say that this particular reply doesn't live up to that high standard.

On 09/18/2012 08:47 AM, Laura Carlson wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger
> <schwer@us.ibm.com <mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry, folks, I am on vacation but I wanted to weigh in briefly.
>
>     So, there are really only two options
>
> There is only one options as number two would be unacceptable as
> previously discussed.

Just as the HTML WG chairs agreed to reopen the previous decision based
on new information, I encourage you to continue to be open to discussion.

Richard has stated an opinion as to what he currently considers to be
two options.  You have an opinion as to what was previously discussed.

>     that would satisify every one:
>
>     1. We apply changes such as Silvia is discussing below to longdesc
>     itself
>
> That has already been accomplished as previously discussed in this
> thread. New spec text for the rendering section was written and agreed
> to a year and a half ago by this very group.

Whatever was the case a year and a half ago, Richard has stated his
opinion as to what he considers the viable options as of today.

I'll also note that the names that Richard mentioned include people that
haven't actively participated here, at least not recently, for whatever
reason.

I encourage everybody here to find ways to expand participation and
foster collaboration.

> Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to write.
>
> Best Regards,
> Laura
>
> --
> Laura L. Carlson