Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:15:24 +0200
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Laura Carlson, Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:15:21 -0500:
> Hi Silvia,
>
>> I personally find the second one a bit too excessive with the image
>> examples.
>
> This task force already agreed to the spec text and to the
> illustrations in May 2011. But after it is incorporated int HTML5 it
> would be open to filing bugs for improvements.

I would like to hear how eventually being less excessive could increase
the acceptance of the proposal. In what way do they decrease consensus
outside the group who has consented to the the current, official A11Y
TF consensus?

From a purely stylistic point of view - if we consider how the rest of
the spec looks like - then that part of the text[1] do contain very
many illustrative images, I have no problem with admitting that.

[1] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering2.html
--
leif halvard silli