Re: My case for the obsoletion of longdesc (Was: 48-Hour Consensus Call: InstateLongdesc CP Update)

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:49:06 -0400
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On 09/15/2012 05:29 AM, James Craig wrote:

> Let's move the Web forward as we are chartered to do. Let's work
> together to make the Web as accessible as it can be, instead of worrying
> so much about hanging on to the mediocre technologies of the past that
> we jeopardize forward progress towards better accessibility for everyone.

James, in your opinion, is the following perhaps the beginnings of such
an approach:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Mar/0268.html

And if so, do you believe that the Task Force should reconsider the
following resolution:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0003.html

> Thank you for reading,
> James Craig