Re: Image description extension review

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:07:58 +0100
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.co.uk>
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 21:41:55 +0100, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> A few thoughts, mostly editorial.

Mostly I've adopted or adapted your suggestions.

> Introduction...
>

> The code examples all have null alt attributes. Could they be more
> practical examples?

Actually only one had a null value, the others had something but in
parentheses so I removed them and cleaned them a tiny bit. I'd be happy
for people to propose better examples...

> Also wonder whether some best practice examples of longer descriptions
> would be helpful? The extension may not be the right place for >them,
> but a separate note might do the trick.

Steve also suggested this. For now I put it in a note as out of scope,
with a question about whether it would make sense to link to some other
document...

Thanks for the review. I updated the document:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/default/longdesc1/longdesc.html

cheers

Chaals

chaals@yandex-team.ru Find more at http://yandex.com