RE: Image description extension review

>> Also wonder whether some best practice examples of longer descriptions would be helpful? The extension may not be the right place for them, but a separate note might do the trick.

> Steve also suggested this. For now I put it in a note as out of scope, with a question about whether it would make sense to link to some other document...

Here are a couple of suggestions, should you decide to provide links to guidelines and/or examples:

-- NCAM's Effective Practices for Description of Science Content Within Digital Talking Books:  http://ncam.wgbh.org/experience_learn/educational_media/stemdx
While focused on DTBs, the techniques for describing complex images can be applied anywhere.

-- Image-description training resources from the DIAGRAM Center: http://diagramcenter.org/standards-and-practices/training.html
PPT slides and videos from training sessions on complex science/math descriptions, conducted by Bryan Gould/NCAM.

Geoff/NCAM