Re: Description link consensus

Hi Philippe, Sam, Maciej, Paul, and all,

Leif wrote:

> A way towards consensus, is to postpone the questions we can postpone,
> to HTML.next.

My intuition tells me to never put off until tomorrow what you can do
today. As we all know the  problem of  HTML lacking a native mechanism
for long descriptions has been delayed for far too long as it is. I
fear the situation will only worsen by postponing it further.

But before I commit either way, some questions would need definitive answers:

* Who will be in the working group that writes HTML.next? By that I
mean will membership be open to all as it is now? Who will be afforded
the opportunity to participate and under what conditions?

* What is the timeline for HTML.next?

Perhaps the HTML Chairs or Philippe can respond to these questions.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura

--