Re: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:28:07 +0100
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTMLAccessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Janina Sajka, Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:21:36 -0400:
>>> Steve and I are working on an ARIA
>>> placement for longdesc that we intent to be better specified to meet
>>> the use case.
>>
>> +1 This is highly appreciated. Hopefully in ARIA 1.0?
>>
> This question has been answered previously. Asking it again will not get
> you a different answer. Asking a different person in the PF ARIA team
> will not get you a different answer.
>
> You're wasting time and muddying the discussion by trying to get a
> different answer like this. Meanwhile, the issue remains unresolved and
> that's unhelpful.

That was lots of baked in accusations.

Sorry, I did not know it was the same question. He spoke about
@longdesc in ARIA. He did not speak about @aria-describedAT in ARIA. It
wasted *my* time that it it wasn't conveyed to us that it was the same
issue.
--
Leif H Silli