Re: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:21:36 -0400
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTMLAccessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Leif Halvard Silli writes:
> Richard Schwerdtfeger, Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:39:01 -0500:
> > First formal longdesc mappings to accessibility API was never done by
> > industry. Consequently implementations vary.
>   [ snip ]
> > Steve and I are working on an ARIA
> > placement for longdesc that we intent to be better specified to meet
> > the use case.
>
> +1 This is highly appreciated. Hopefully in ARIA 1.0?

This question has been answered previously. Asking it again will not get
you a different answer. Asking a different person in the PF ARIA team
will not get you a different answer.

You're wasting time and muddying the discussion by trying to get a
different answer like this. Meanwhile, the issue remains unresolved and
that's unhelpful.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200