RE: agenda: HTML-A11Y Task Force, 26 January at 16:00Z

Mike,

Here is a link to the draft proposal for the agenda:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Canvas_hit_testing

Cynthia, Frank,

I would encourage Frank to reference the real world use cases for canvas
accessibility at this URL:
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Canvas#Limitations_of_real-world_use_cases
It substantiates what Frank has put together and it is also something Ian
had asked for. The use cases include input directly from Jost Eckhardt from
AI Squared.

This is a great improvement over the last one. I think it requires some
editorial work and a few other things:
   A method to remove all the path assignments (this was something I
   believe Mozilla suggested as well)
   A statement about actually removing associate paths for elements that go
   away (this could easily be added in the last 1 or 2 bullets)
   A determination, in step 2, if the user agent is dispatching the same
   event or creating a new one with additional data to be fired?

Thank you for pulling this together Frank.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
To:	"Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org"
            <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Frank Olivier
            <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>, Richard
            Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
Date:	02/01/2012 10:22 PM
Subject:	RE: agenda: HTML-A11Y Task Force, 26 January at 16:00Z

Frank has an updated draft of the canvas hit testing change proposal.  Can
we please add discussion of this to the agenda?  If possible, can we do
this near the beginning of the hour?

Thank you,
Cynthia