Re: Text Subteam Minutes for 31 July

On 07/31/2012 04:19 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 07/31/2012 04:02 PM, John Foliot wrote:
>> Hi Sam,
>>
>> Nope, Issue 30 was the main topic of discussion on the Text sub-team call
>> today. The date is in reference to this:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0247.html
>
> In that case, I really would like to hear more.

The intent of this request to hear more was not to get a number of
off-list replies.  Everybody should have an opportunity to participate
in the discussion.  We can discuss it here.  We can also discuss it on
the Thursday WG telecon.

The current status as I understand it is that the TF signed off on this
in April:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0003.html

The authors of both proposals have indicated that they don't require any
additional time to update their proposals:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0242.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0238.html

The closest thing we have to a concrete statement we have at this point
is that there is an expectation that there will be a desire to update
the TF's position "regardless of which Issue 204 is adopted":

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0243.html

- Sam Ruby