Re: longdesc verbiage

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 13:55:18 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Hi Rich, Ben, John and all,

Rich, I added <ZZZ></ZZZ> to the spec text to indicate additions, per
your suggestion at today's teleconference [1].

As previously discussed on this list I made one change to the img
section spec text. I added the words "in a device independent manner"
to the end of the sentence "User agents should allow users to access
long text alternatives." So it now reads "User agents should allow
users to access long text alternatives in a device independent
manner." [2]

Ben and John, I think we are now just waiting to hear back from you
two on the questions asked at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011May/0200.html
John, if you or anyone else thinks that the text in the "Other
Changes" portion of the Details section is not specific enough can you
provide verbiage that is more specific?

The folks at the telco said that they would like stable spec text by
tomorrow or Wednesday [3]. So if you two can reply soon that would be
terrific.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/05/09-text-minutes.html#item03
[2] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-spec-text2.html