Re: Longdesc change proposal update

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 08:41:16 +1000
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Laura,

some of your references to e.g. the Glossary on the broken out pages
don't work any more. You should go through and check for dangling
pointers. ;-)

Incidentally, it was enough for me to see the examples that you list
on your use cases page
http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld.html#uc (following to some
of the example links) to go: and why aren't browsers providing a
right-click context menu item for images with longdesc? Sometimes I as
a sighted user am also keen to understand what e.g. a logo means and
what went through a designer's head when they created it. I totally
don't see it as a11y use one. I would only recommend that the page
that the longdesc points to includes the image itself and a pointer
back to the page(s) that it lives on, so as to make it a proper part
of the web surfing experience.

Cheers,
Silvia.