Re: Longdesc change proposal update

Laura,

some of your references to e.g. the Glossary on the broken out pages
don't work any more. You should go through and check for dangling
pointers. ;-)

Incidentally, it was enough for me to see the examples that you list
on your use cases page
http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld.html#uc (following to some
of the example links) to go: and why aren't browsers providing a
right-click context menu item for images with longdesc? Sometimes I as
a sighted user am also keen to understand what e.g. a logo means and
what went through a designer's head when they created it. I totally
don't see it as a11y use one. I would only recommend that the page
that the longdesc points to includes the image itself and a pointer
back to the page(s) that it lives on, so as to make it a proper part
of the web surfing experience.