Longdesc change proposal update

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:17:04 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Hello everyone,

I have worked some more on the InstateLongdesc change proposal [1]
trying to incorporate ideas from the "Moving longdesc forward: Recap,
updates, consensus" thread. Thanks to everyone for your input. Some
quick notes:

John and Leif, I modularized the main document and linked to the key
sub-sections to make to make the main page more readable. Leif, I
added a boilerplate section to the top of each module so that people
know a particular section is part of the change proposal.

Sam, I was careful to keep the use case information that was vital to
reopening the issue on the main page.

Gregory, Ben and Chaals, I worked a bit on the Hidden Meta-data
section. I linked to some ways that longdesc can be made discoverable
to sighted users. (The links are a new version of the 10.6.1 page with
links to the real world implementations.)  The Hidden Meta-data
section still needs work. Chaals, you mentioned that you would try to
propose text for the Hidden Meta-Data section. That would be would be
great.

Review and proofreading the document and all of its 14 sub-sections
would be helpful. If anyone would like to suggest changes, it would be
productive to provide actual wording for specific sections.

Thanks everyone. I think/hope we are getting there.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/HiddenMetadataFallacy