RE: Moving longdesc forward: Recap, updates, consensus

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 23:14:01 +0200
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Cc: 'Laura Carlson' <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, 'Charles McCathieNevile' <chaals@opera.com>, 'Leif Halvard Silli' <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, 'Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis' <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, 'Geoff Freed' <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>, 'Richard Schwerdtfeger' <schwer@us.ibm.com>, 'Steve Faulkner' <sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com>, "'Gregory J. Rosmaita'" <oedipus@hicom.net>

> Hi Laura,
>
> The overall length of that document is I think a concern (if printed on 8.5
> X 11 paper it runs 15 pages long), which is why Steve and I had discussed
> working on a more succinct version earlier this spring.  I would suspect
> that a very terse, striped down Change Proposal (a "one-pager" or
> "Executive
> Summary") would be easier to digest, with referring links pointing to the
> wealth of evidence that support the basic assertions:
>
> {first pass follows}

Your text was very short - 3000 chars roughly. However it would
certainly reach 6000, when you place it in the Wiki and all references
etc.

Before discussing a new text, would it not be interesting to see if
Laura could shorten her text via the suggested means - namely by moving
stuff to sub pages ?

Leif