Re: Survey ready on Media Text Associations proposal

From: Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:36:23 -0800
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>

On Mar 2, 2010, at 10:48 PM, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> A survey is ready on the "Media Text Associations" draft change
> proposal.
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/text-associations/

I generally agree with this proposal, but would like to see the following changes before we submit it to the WG:

+ We should not mandate DFXP at this time. It has many features that will complicate implementation significantly which are not needed for this proposal. I think we should help define a DFXP profile that is more suitable for our needs.

+ The 'enabled' attribute on a <track> in a <trackgroup> should be invalid, as the UA is responsible for selecting the most appropriate track from the alternates.

eric