Re: summarization information delivery options: attribute or element

Gez wrote:

> My issue with this is that by addressing the needs of all user groups,
> the group that summary was originally intended for will be left out. I
> can't imagine many authors writing a long description that contains
> things that visually obvious. I don't see the purpose of introducing a
> new element to do something that can already be done.

The danger is *replacing* the attribute with a new element is that it
can harm the user group the attribute was trying to help.

A new element could possibly be considered in *addition* to retaining
the attribute. But that would be a different change proposal.

Best Regards,
Laura
--
Laura L. Carlson