Re: summarization information delivery options: attribute or element

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:05:55 +0000
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: Gez Lemon <g.lemon@webprofession.com>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi Laura,
> The danger is *replacing* the attribute with a new element is that it
> can harm the user group the attribute was trying to help.
>
> A new element could possibly be considered in *addition* to retaining
> the attribute. But that would be a different change proposal.

Maybe I missed something, but that it so some degree what I thought was
going on. I am in favour of keeping @summary as a valid attribute but
also adding a /better/ element. For me, this would be a win-win.
@summary is still legal but the markup provides a way to serve other
user groups, has great semantic ability yada yada

Cheers

Josh