Re: summarization information delivery options: attribute or element

Hi Josh,

On 26 February 2010 10:33, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie> wrote:
> Finally, as I know that we (sic) have all done a lot of advocacy work to
> argue for the retention of @summary, to be clear, I think @summary is
> great for the audience that it was designed to serve (blind users), and
> I would hope for the sake of backwards compatibility within HTML5 that
> its use would still be considered valid /but/ we do need a richer more
> capable element to future proof this functionality and potentially
> extend this usefulness to other user groups.

My issue with this is that by addressing the needs of all user groups,
the group that summary was originally intended for will be left out. I
can't imagine many authors writing a long description that contains
things that visually obvious. I don't see the purpose of introducing a
new element to do something that can already be done.

Cheers,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins