Re: Is the accessibility task force official now?

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:07:15 -0500
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html-a11y-request@w3.org, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>

Who is the facilitator from HTML?

Rich Schwerdtfeger

             Laura Carlson
             n@gmail.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  HTML Accessibility Task Force
             public-html-a11y-         <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Charles
             request@w3.org            McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
                                       "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats"
             10/28/2009 04:18          <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Sam Ruby
             PM                        <rubys@intertwingly.net>, John
                                       Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>,
                                       "Gregory J. Rosmaita"
                                       Is the accessibility task force
                                       official now?

Hi all,

Is the accessibility task force official now? Sam seems to indicate
that it is the case in his agenda [1] for tomorrow's HTML WG
Teleconference. He also mentions that PF has a co-chair but not the
HTML WG. Who is the PF co-chair? Regarding the task force Sam wrote:

> Status of Task Forces
>        a. Testing Task Force
>        b. HTML Accessibility Task Force
> Current status is that both are started, with the HATF lacking an
> HTMLWG  liaison.  The chairs are still discussing how to proceed with
> this issue.
> Any other actions the chairs need to focus on?
> Any (early) status either TF wishes to report on?

Thoughts everyone? Some things I am aware of:

As discussed at Friday's Caucus meeting [2], Michael set up this
mailing list and sent out the initial email to the group:

He created the HTML Accessibility Task Force Home Page:

He created a Wiki page to document the process to submit accessibility
spec bugs so that a copy goes to this list so the Task force will see

He created the Bugzilla keywords "a11y" and "PFWG"

I tagged the legacy accessibility bugs that I am aware of with "a11y".

I put together a Wiki page for Accessibility Issues in Tracker and
Bugs in Bugzilla

I put together a Wiki page to list all HTML WG Task Forces (We may
need to coordinate some with the other TFs):

As I don't seem to have permissions to edit in the New WAI Wiki,  so I
updated Gregory's original HTML5 Issue Collection and Requirements
Drafting Page with a few items:

I started a wiki page for HTML Accessibility Task Force
Teleconferences (don't know if the details are right yet).

I started a place holder page for HTML Accessibility Task Force Meeting

Anything else?

(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

(image/gif attachment: pic04868.gif)

(image/gif attachment: ecblank.gif)