RE: Houdini at TPAC

The SVGWG is not going to be meeting during TPAC so one option will be to try and take a room that was otherwise booked for them (if one such exists).

> > The best thing would be to keep the discussions up in the repo and on the
> mailing list. If you have any conclusions about how things map to your
> requirements and architecture, let people know now. But I agree that a lot of
> progress can be made when we meet in person.
> >
> > It would probably make sense to add particular Houdini topics to the
> CSSWG agenda IF a significant amount of progress had been made on a
> particular proposal and/or there were points to wrangle that were not being
> served well by github issues.
> >
> > I would also encourage informal exoduses from the main meeting, perhaps
> organized through the #houdini channel. If we come to a point in the CSSWG
> agenda where most of the people interested in Custom Paint will merely be
> sitting at the table checking their email, they should move out and have a
> hallway discussion.
>
> I guess an important question is whether the relevant people will actually be
> at TPAC.
>
> On the Apple side, we've internally discussed Custom Paint and UI Workers /
> Scroll Thingies more than Custom Layout (which seems to me to be a lot
> further away from reality). That means Shane + Rick + the two Ians from
> Google, at least. Other people?

On Microsoft side I will be there for sure and will participate in all of the topics. I wouldn't rule out custom layout just yet.

> > I don’t know whether it’s possible to secure a second room at TPAC for
> Monday and Tuesday - Chris or Bert, do you know?

Given that CSSWG is meeting Mon/Tue this will be a tough time for us to meet.

Thanks,
Rossen