GRDDL and OWL/XML

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 22:07:50 +0100
To: public-grddl-wg@w3.org

I can't seem to subscribe to the group, thus I cannot easily discuss:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2008May/0001.html
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2008May/0002.html

Please specify the appropriate venue.

Note that I do not believe that "leaving it to the reader" is really
the best characterization of my views. I won't go into detail until
we settle on a proper forum, but I believe that my approach is
compliant with the GRDDL spec and is appropriate for the
circumstances and that providing XSLT (in this circumstance) is an
anti-pattern on many levels (I would say this of POWDER too, actually).

This should not be confused with my being anti-GRDDL, or even, in a
variety of circumstances, with being anti-online XSLT for GRDDL. One
clear case is the use of "semantic stylesheets" for documents with ad
hoc extensions (or variant transformations).

This could happen even in an OWL/XML document. For example, instead
of providing a transformation of *all* the axioms, I may want to only
provide the subclass relations.

Cheers,
Bijan.