Test-cases as Rec-track Document

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:22:33 -0500
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

As brought up at our last telecon, do we want to convert the test-cases
to a Rec-track document? There is precedent, in particular the OWL
test-cases [1].

My main criteria for this would be two-fold, one a reason and one a
matter of resources.

1) Are there materials in the test-cases that specify how to correctly
implement GRDDL that are *not*
mentioned in the Spec? If not, then we probably don't need to take the
test cases to Rec track. If so, we should likely consider taking the
test-cases to Rec track or making sure that every normative test has
corresponding text or rule in the Spec.

2) Do we have enough resources? We would need a committed editor
(ideally someone also implementing) to organize the tests, organize them
and make sure they're normative (and if there are informative tests,
clearly mark as such) and keep track of them.  Any volunteers?

Note that I do *not* think this decision should impact our decision re
taking the GRDDL Spec/Primer/Use-cases to last call, and so far I would
prefer only to discuss this issue after we're done discussing Last Call
issues.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/

--
		-harry