Re: GRDDL-aware agents (Was Re: "GRDDL Agents" ...) (#issue-conformance-labels)

From: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:52:01 -0500
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

It looks good.

For the record, I still dislike the fact that "GRDDL Agent" is used but not
defined.

I still think that step 2, which states "Apply each transformation to
obtain a GRDDL result."
should say something about the fact that it might not be possible to apply
transformations
if, for example, the transformation relies on software that is not
available -- such as awk(1)
on a Windows box. I suppose that most people will recognize that a GRDDL
agent cannot do
what it cannot do, but it would be nice to see some acknowledgement of that
fact in the
discussion of a what a GRDDL Agent "should" do.

Just my opinion. I am otherwise quite happy with Dan's latest draft.

Regards,

Murray