Re: #grddlonrdf test-case: approve?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:59:23 -0600
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Cc: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, dave@dajobe.org, jjc@hpl.hp.com

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 20:59 -0500, Harry Halpin wrote:

> Now that Chime's implementation passes one of these three tests, I'd
> like someone else to try to see if they can get these test-cases to work
> (cc'ing Jeremy, Dave). Pending their tests, I propose that we
> approve tests these at the next telecon:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3.html#grddlonrdf1
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3.html#grddlonrdf2
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3.html#grddlonrdf3

Please let's not make aliases for the tests; let's use
the media-type-independent names:

 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf1
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf2
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf3

> They cover the GRDDL 3 options of a GRDDL transform being on a RDF doc:
>
> 1) You just have as a result the GRDDL result
> 2) You have as the result the GRDDL source document
> 3) You have the merge of 1) and 2)
>
> Now, this is non-trivial, as we could propose to accept only 1 or any
> combination of two of the above test-cases. If we do accept 1), for
> example, then GRDDL results are non-additive. However, I do think it
> makes sense, since I guess quite a few implementations are going to do 1)

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E