Quick question re HTTP Header

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:38:09 -0500
To: Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com>, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Ian (and others feel free to weigh in)

    In your original proposal you recommended us using the link header
[1], and in your draft spec you use both profile and link headers[2].
I'm a bit concerned because you said link header existed in HTTP RFC
2608 [3] but was deprecated in 2616 [4]. First, where exactly is the
text for the link header in RFC 2608 [3]? I can't find it.

Why was in deprecated?

And lastly, why use both "link" and "profile" headers if just a "link"
header will do? We've just decided to go ahead with the profile header,
but if I'm going to be dealing with the IETF I want more background on
why you made that choice.

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin 6B522426