Re: GRDDL Going to Last Call

Here's what I said:

> If I haven't convinced you and the rest of the WG that there's value in
> typing the GRDDL transformations, then that's fine: I know you're under
> time pressure to release, and I don't want to slow things down. Time
> will tell if my apprehensions about this lack of typing are right or
> not. When we fully build hGRDDL-like features into RDFa for microformat
> support, we'll see if we can work within the GRDDL specs or if we have
> to come up with an alternative mechanism.

I didn't say anything about "needed for compatibility with RDFa." (I'm
not even sure what compatibility with RDFa means in the context of GRDDL.)

I said that I consider typed transformations "lacking" from the spec. I
failed to convince the group during the telecons, and that's that. It's
my responsibility to bring this up to the SWD WG so that there's some
foresight into possible future issues with RDFa using GRDDL for the
XHTML->XHTML+RDFa use case.

At the end of the day, I just don't have the time work on this. I
accepted the invitation to work with the GRDDL WG, but, as my attendance
and output show, that was a mistake on my part: I'm stretched too thin,
and the RDFa work demands my attention right now.

So, as I mentioned, "I don't want to slow things down." If no one else
sees the need for typed transformations, go for Last Call. I won't stop
you, I won't object, I won't raise any issue for you to address on this
topic at Last Call.

-Ben