XMDP Profile for hCalendar

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:12:52 +0100
To: "Microformats Discuss" <microformats-discuss@microformats.org>, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

I needed a profile URI for hCalendar for use with GRDDL, but there
wasn't even a profile. There was a list of terms [1] on the
microformats wiki, so using DanC's hCard profile [2] as a template
I've made a first draft [3].

I've no idea how complete or accurate the list of terms is, though
editorial tweaking is clearly needed and I haven't (yet) included
links to the corresponding sections of RFC 2445.

I'd be very grateful if someone could place this at a more trustworthy
location, in lieu of a more complete profile.

According to the wiki [4]:
[[
it is ACCEPTED that each microformat should have a profile URI
]]

However the issue of what domain to use remains open.

Given that the only concrete proposal that has appeared in relation to
this (in nearly a year) is to use W3C space, I suggest the
microformats community accept this proposal and make a request to the
W3C for them to mint a URI for the hCalendar profile, following W3C
namespace policy.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-profile