Cascading hGRDDL (was Re: hGRRDL for hCard: test case of a GRDDL transformation to produce RDFa from hCards)

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:48:48 +0200
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
CC: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Jeremy Carroll:
> (...) Then, a GRDDL processor that dispatches on the media-type of the
> XSLT output; on seeing HTML output, may choose to invoke itself
> (again) to turn the HTML into RDF, as you desire.
> In my view this could be an informative test, since it pushes the spec
> to its limit, invoking a recursion that was neither explicitly
> permitted nor explicitly excluded.
Yes, and now that we have two hGRDDL transformations (one for hCard and
one for hCalendar) I built a case with three GRDDL transforms in a row ;-)

1, I have a source with both hCalendar and hCard data:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCardhCalendar.html

2, I call the hGRDDL hCard transformation to augment the hCard with its
RDFa equivalent:
transformation:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCard2RDFa.xsl
result:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCardhCalendar_RDFa_hCardOnly.html

3, on this result, I call the hGRDDL hCalendar transformation to augment
the hCalendar with its RDFa equivalent:
transformation:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCalendar2RDFa.xsl
result:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCardhCalendar_RDFa_hCardhCalendar.html

4, on this last result I call the GRDDL transformation to get the RDF/XML:
transformation: http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/RDFa2RDFXML_v_0_7.xsl
result:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/Fabien.Gandon/tmp/grddl/hGRDDL/hCardhCalendarRDFXML.rdf

So three transformations
[XHTML] --(hCard)--> [XHTML+RDFa] --(hCalendar)--> [XHTML+RDFa*2]
--(RDFa2RDFXML) --> [RDF/XML]

Cheers,

--
Fabien - http://www.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/