Re: fixed GRDDL formal rules... (and spec#issue-tx-element)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Indeed. This is what I've called issue-tx-element
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-tx-element
>
> "issue-tx-element: is there a way to push the grddl:transformation attribute
> down from the document element to individual elements without breaking the
> chain of authority? See RDF in parts of XHTML documents 09 Mar 2004 and
> discussion of trackback in an 18 March message."
>
> This issue has been around for a couple years and I haven't seen any designs
> that
> address it, so I don't expect us to come up with anything.

My general take on this is that our transformation language of choice
(XSLT) is quite capable of allowing the algorithms themselves to determine
  how to do context-sensitive extraction using 'push' [1]  mechanisms
rather than having GRDDL contend with this.

> "A naive approach is to say that RDF/XML has its usual meaning wherever it
> appears in any XML document. But that would conflict with the existing
> practice using RDF/XML in XSLT templates, not to mention futures any future
> practice of quoting, quantifying, refuting, or commenting on embedded RDF
> expressions."
> -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/specbg.html

I'm not sure I follow what the conflict is with embedding RDF/XML directly especially
  since we have transformation algorithms for extracting RDF/XML from arbitrary
  locations within its containing document.

[1] http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/07/06/tr.html

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery