Re: toward tests for spec#issue-mt-ns

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:45:06 +0100
To: "Murray Maloney" <murray@muzmo.com>
Cc: "GRDDL Working Group" <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>
On 01/11/06, Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com> wrote:

Well it says:

>          The Internet Media Type / MIME type for RDF is
> "application/rdf+xml"
>
> I read that as asserting authority over the RDF namespace and saying that
> the
> mime type is application/rdf+xml. That is, I don't see it saying that if
> the document's
> declared mime type is other than application/rdf+xml then there is an
> error. Rather
> that the namespace is claiming that whatever else you may believe, RDF/XML
> has
> a mime-type of application/rdf+xml.

Hmm, I'm not altogether convinced (though want to be :-). It says "The
Internet Media Type..." not "An Internet Media Type...", so surely anything
that presumed to interpret other typed data as RDF would in effect be
asserting "The Internet Media Type / MIME type for RDF is "application/xml",
which would be at least a contradiction.

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com