Re: toward tests for spec#issue-mt-ns (what is cwm?)

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:27 -0500, Murray Maloney wrote:
> At 11:56 AM 11/1/2006 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > > As a data point, I asked cwm what it thinks, and it does
[...]
> >i.e. they answer "yes" to today's poll.
>
> Glad to hear that they agree.
>
> First, who is cwm?

Oops... sorry I neglected to bind that
to http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/cwm ...

[[
Cwm (pronounced coom) is a general-purpose data processor for the
semantic web, somewhat like sed, awk, etc. for text files or XSLT for
XML. It is a forward chaining reasoner which can be used for querying,
checking, transforming and filtering information. Its core language is
RDF, extended to include rules, and it uses RDF/XML or RDF/N3 (see
Notation3 Primer) serializations as required.

Cwm is written in python; it is part of SWAP, a Semantic Web Application
Platform. It is open source under the W3C software license.

Tim BL, with his director hat off
]]

By design, it agrees with TimBL and me on matters of
Web Architecture and Semantic Web Architecture.
We maintain hundreds of cwm/N3 tests, and every
once in a while we do a release which sorta certifies
all of them. Any untested behavior of cwm is
as likely to be a bug as a design feature, keep in mind.