Re: toward tests for spec#issue-mt-ns (what is cwm?)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:46:30 -0600
To: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
Cc: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:27 -0500, Murray Maloney wrote:
> At 11:56 AM 11/1/2006 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > > As a data point, I asked cwm what it thinks, and it does
> >i.e. they answer "yes" to today's poll.
> Glad to hear that they agree.
> First, who is cwm?

Oops... sorry I neglected to bind that
to http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/cwm ...

Cwm (pronounced coom) is a general-purpose data processor for the
semantic web, somewhat like sed, awk, etc. for text files or XSLT for
XML. It is a forward chaining reasoner which can be used for querying,
checking, transforming and filtering information. Its core language is
RDF, extended to include rules, and it uses RDF/XML or RDF/N3 (see
Notation3 Primer) serializations as required.

Cwm is written in python; it is part of SWAP, a Semantic Web Application
Platform. It is open source under the W3C software license.

Tim BL, with his director hat off

By design, it agrees with TimBL and me on matters of
Web Architecture and Semantic Web Architecture.
We maintain hundreds of cwm/N3 tests, and every
once in a while we do a release which sorta certifies
all of them. Any untested behavior of cwm is
as likely to be a bug as a design feature, keep in mind.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E