Re: How to add translations (or terms)

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:40:46 -0500
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Cc: public-glossary@w3.org

At 10:10 04/01/05 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

>Indeed, I disabled it a few weeks ago - I should have mentioned that
>here, sorry about that. Due to the lack of a well-defined policy on who
>and how these translations should be registered in the global Glossary,
>it seemed easier just not to allow them for now, hoping the translations
>capabilities of the system can be used once the situation is clarified.

Hello Dominique,

The glossary should be organized so that anybody can add a translation
(i.e. propose a translation), but that there can be different translations
for one and the same term, and they are annotated by whom proposed them.
This is important to be able to really use the glossary system for actual
work by the various translators.

Regards,    Martin.