Re: updated respec

On 11/02/2013 08:53 AM, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> On 01/11/13 19:10, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> Before handing dcat to webreq, I updated its usage of respec.  It's
>> simpler now, with a nice shared bibliography. #
>
> For the bibliography I've been using ../respec/gld-bib.js which I
> thought was the shared bibliography.  Where is the new one?  I can't
> see how is configured.

respec now uses 'specref', which provides a single world-wide shared
bibliography.   The json dump is at:
https://raw.github.com/tobie/specref/master/biblio.json

It's world-writable, so it's preferred to just add to it if you need
something not in it.  When you need a local exception (like for
references between a few documents being published at the same time),
you can still use a local bibliography.

See https://github.com/tobie/specref for more on that.

>>  Other editors should  probably do the same, soonish.
>
> OK.
>
> Does this fix the various respec pubrules errors?

I'm not sure which ones you saw, but I didn't get any respec pubrules
errors doing dcat yesterday.

Also, the save-as-html is nicer now, using the respec button that
appears in the upper right.

The respec docs are getting a lot better: http://www.w3.org/respec/

> I can see the respec-config is now inline instead of included from a
> file, is that now the recommendation?

I'm not sure that matters much, but I think it's probably easier.

> What else needs to change?
>
>> (Dave Reynolds, note the otherlinks hack I used for Contributor.)
>
> Ah thanks, wish I had known about that earlier!

Yeah, I was looking for how to do it yesterday and came across your
message asking about it.

     -- Sandro